Our client provides a wide variety of high quality, tailored and innovative catering solutions for
travel, leisure and business industry is seeking to recruit a Chef for one of
their outlets on Guernsey Airport.
This role is not eligible for workers from outside of the CTA as the employer does not offer visa and work permit for this role.
Overall purpose of the role:
This role would be suitable for a skilled Chef to prepare delicious meals according to menu.
Cook dishes that will delight their customers with their taste and timely delivery. Must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. Be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
Key responsibilities will include;
• Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
• Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
• Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
• Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
• Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
• Check quality of ingredients
• Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
The successful candidate will have:
• Proven experience as a Chef
• Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
• Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
• Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
• Ability to work in a team
• Very good communication skills
• Excellent physical condition and stamina
For more information, please email: email@example.com or call on +44 (0) 1481 754760. Please visit our website www.caterquest.com for our latest vacancies.